Friday, June 21, 2013

What is SNAP and What is the SNAP Challenge?

I'm still new to the world of Twitter, so I'm often looking up what some of the acronyms are that people use.  RT is a retweet, MT is a modified tweet, etc.  Add to that, each party affiliation has their loving little acronyms for each other that save space on a tweet.  I ran across one recently that I just couldn't figure out and had to google to find the meaning--it was #SNAP.

SNAP is the acronym for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program which is  known to many as Food Stamps.  SNAP has gotten a lot of press lately because a large cut to it was attached to the Farm Bill that was submitted to the House.  I started  to see more tweets about the SNAP challenge, but what is  the SNAP challenge?

Again, I relied on my friend google to give me the answer.   The SNAP challenge rules are simple:
*Exist nutritionally on what a person receives on the SNAP program--$4.50 per day
*Do not eat any food purchased before the start of the challenge
*Eat as healthy as possible

I decided to do it.  Spur of the moment...seat of my pants...I can do this!

So, folks (if anyone ever reads this), this is my life on the SNAP program...

http://mazon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SNAP-Challenge.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment