Thursday, June 27, 2013

Survived a week on the SNAP Challeng...lost ten pounds

Well, I did a week!  I survived, but I've purchased food for 4 weeks; so I have another three weeks to go.  Can I make it to the end of the month without spending any more money?  I will do it the same way someone who is on the system does it and I'll take you with me on the journey.

The other side to this is that I lost ten pounds in the first week.  You see, my goal on the SNAP challenge is to eat healthy food and see how far I can go with it.  Since I need to ration my food, it doesn't go far.  As of today, I am heeding the advice of the people at Human Services, Rachel at the Community Table, and Emily at the food bank--I will be taking a multivitamin for the duration of my time eating within the challenge.

I visited with Rachel at the Community Table this morning.  I'll blog more about it later--my head is spinning with the amount of  information that I received.  There is no one post that could do any one of these organizations justice.  I got my first assistance beyond SNAP today.  Rachel sent me home with some coffee.  Food may equal love in many cultures, but coffee equals camaraderie.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment