Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm getting fat on the SNAP challenge

I'm putting on weight with the SNAP challenge.  When you do the challenge for any great length of time, healthy foods go right out the window and filling foods become the focus.  I eat a healthy meal during the day, but by the time I get home from work, I'm really hungry and tend to binge on what is convenient and filling.  The problem with that is that what is quick to make is usually high in carbohydrates.  My banana muffins are making me have muffin top!

I don't have the money to just go out and purchase more fresh vegetables or some apples as fillers.  I blew through the budget early in the month and am left with canned and frozen fruits and vegetables.  They are completely unappetizing to me.

My garden isn't producing anything but lettuce and onions at this point.  There are some small cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes on the plants, but they haven't developed yet.  My beans are starting to bloom, but it won't be until next week that I start to see some production.

I'm tired of soups and stews and casseroles!  I want steamed fresh vegetables with a side of meat!

Gawd!  I sound whiny, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment